Help: Work records
Work Records are the primary tool of My Timecard. They enable you to record worked hours along with your comments about that time worked. They can also be tagged for easier reporting, e.g. in the Analysis tool.
There are 2 ways of adding Work Records:
- Via Calendar
- Via Today page
Adding Work Records in Calendar
- On the right-hand side, a sidebar loads with the selected day’s information (by default it shows the current day). Click on any day of the Calendar to change the day of the sidebar.
- The sidebar is composed of various boxes; the second one is for Work Records. If there are none yet for the selected date, you get a blue message inviting you to create a new record. Otherwise, you can see the selected day’s records (which you can edit by clicking on them), and a tab on the right hand side to add a new record.
- Add a record in the pop-up Work Record Editor (see below).
Adding Work Records in Today page
Use the “play/pause/stop” buttons to add work records on-the-go. This page is ideal for use on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- In the ‘New’ section of the page, select the relevant Project, and click on the green Start button (Play). This automatically adds a new record for this project on the current date starting at the current time.
- The Start button is then hidden, and replaced with an option to start a break (Pause), or stop the work record (Stop).
- If you start a break, the buttons are replaced by a button to start again (Restart). Note only 1 break is possible per record.
- You can change the Tags assigned to the Work Record by clicking the Tags button.
- You can edit the notes for this Work Record by clicking the Notes button.
Work Record Editor
This is a popup that you may find in various places of the website, where you will edit your Work Records.
All Work Record times - work start, work end, break start, break end - must have a date in the format YYYY-MM-DD as well as a time in the format HH:MM.
You can also tag your Work Records in the Editor. Choose from previously used tags or add a new tag by typing in the box "New tag" and clicking the plus button.
Be careful to save your record instead of closing the popup, as this would not save your changes automatically! If you are adding a new record, click cancel if you don't wish to save your changes. If you are editing a record, you also have the option to delete it - NB this is irreversible.